MuppetsGuild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What the hell are Blizzard doing to Warsong Gulch...

3 posters

Go down

What the hell are Blizzard doing to Warsong Gulch... Empty What the hell are Blizzard doing to Warsong Gulch...

Post  Kr Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:57 pm

The topic sums up my thoughts having read the current PTR patch notes.

There is a now a 20-minute timer on this Battleground. After that , the team with the most flag captures wins. If this would result in a tie, the team that captured the first flag wins. If neither side has captured a flag, then the game ends in a tie.

The first sentance is not where I see the problem, although I do think the timer should be longer than 20 minutes. The second sentance is possibly the most stupid decision on a competitive activity I have ever seen.

Imagine a game where you went 1-0 down after 5 minutes. You now have 15 minutes to score two captures to win. The enemy team are going to defend like crazy once they score their first capture, and you face a much harder challenge just to level the game, let alone win it outright. Then even if you do manage to beat a 10 man defence and score a capture to draw level, the other team will still win unless you manage to do it again!

Every other competitive goal-based game or sport with a limit will either end tied games in a draw or enter a form of sudden death to decide the winner. Blizzards first capture wins rule will ruin competitive Warsong Gulch.

Last edited by Kr on Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:01 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Changed goals to captures in second paragraph)
Kr
Kr

Back to top Go down

What the hell are Blizzard doing to Warsong Gulch... Empty Re: What the hell are Blizzard doing to Warsong Gulch...

Post  Promises Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:56 am

It is a horrible, horrible ruling indeed. As you said, it hugely promotes taking 1 flag fast and then camping, its almost always going to be more successive then going for extra flags in a pug. Then again, WSG with pugs is something i try to shun as much as i possibly can anyway, so I guess it doesnt affect me hugely, apart from getting that 1 mark a lot faster

Promises
Admin

https://muppetsguild.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

What the hell are Blizzard doing to Warsong Gulch... Empty Re: What the hell are Blizzard doing to Warsong Gulch...

Post  henk Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:03 pm

The last thing I am affraid for is to have to fight against a 10man defense, there are soo many options nowadays to get away.

if you lock and load a 10man offence ( or less), during the mayhem 1 or 2 might slip away with the flag, get the speed debuff and have an almost free run back home.

then again there are also things like cloak/sprint for rogues, portals to the balcony for locks,blink for mages/ bubble for pallies ( the melee bubble though, not the divine one)/ mass fear ( priests and affliction locks)/ hunter whatever skill it is to throw yourself backwards/intervene or charge (requires skill)/ the knockback for druids/shamans.

so nearly every class except dk has a good way to move out. nonetheless in a 10man defense you cannot do this on your own, you need cannon fodder.

but 20minutes....too short

henk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum