MuppetsGuild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anub 25man normal mode

4 posters

Go down

Anub 25man normal mode Empty Anub 25man normal mode

Post  Alchem Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:05 pm

Anub the big beetle in 25man normal mode.

Yesterday I made some observations, and you guys probably did aswell. I noticed that we had one try where we got an enraged anub, with all tanks alive up to that point.

The rest of the tries were, no enraged anub, with one or more tanks dead, and a wiping raid.

I think we should rethink the "no dps on the adds, before he burrows" strategy.
Reason one, both off tanks get the debuff which stacks up to 10stacks and increases melee dmg taken by 300%. They hit me for about 10 000 ish dmg per hit and they hit quickly. This is quite healing intensive, and i guess the healers have to heal alot of other people aswell, with the debuffs and tank hits going around.

Reason two, what happens if a healer dies, due to anub beeing an ass, and bad running around. I belive nobody should die in p2, since its all about you running to the right place, But it can happen. With 2x tanks getting hit for 10k hits +mt tank dmg and random dmg on raid. I think it will be quite hard.

So is there anyway we can work in some dps on the adds aswell, so that each offtank Only tanks 1 add at the time and thus doesn't get any debuff at all. It will hardly require any healing to keep them up then.

What if we tank one add next to the boss so melee can use aoe dmg like swipe and such on them ?

How many dpsers can we let dps the adds as a prio, then anub ?. Can a early heroism give us an edge ?

I think that if we answer these questions we'll kill anub in no time.

Alchem out

Alchem

Back to top Go down

Anub 25man normal mode Empty Re: Anub 25man normal mode

Post  Pile Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:13 pm

Been trying to search on various forums to see if we can tweak our strat a bit to up dps, and most of the strats are the same as ours (with bunching and burning adds). However, here's one witch is basically similar, but with some small differences:

Setup:
2 Tanks
6-7 Healers
16-17 DPS

Fight starts, have your OT pick up the first wave of adds that spawn and OT them near the boss (so they get hit by cleave effects).
Once the second add wave spawns (not when they reach the tank), have your DPS unload on the first wave (should be at ~40% by now due to cleaves) and kill them (keep them on ice, obviously).
Then, continue DPS on Anub (leave the second wave OT'd).
When he submerges, kill the second wave; if a person is followed by spikes, they have to run behind the nearest frost patch, so the spikes get stopped. Do not run into the patch that the adds are killed on!
Once the two remaining Burrowers are down, have your DPS kill the small adds, keep them slowed as much as possible to minimize DoT damage.
This way, you should get Anub to 30% just before/after the third burrow (we got him to 34% when he burrowed the third time).
As soon as phase 3 starts, have your DPS kill any remaining adds first. Once no adds remain, blow BL and just go crazy on Anub.
Tell your healers that healing done meters aren't important in p3, so they don't top off people in p3; for my experience, a simple rejuvenation on a person is exactly the amount of healing they need to bring them to 50% by the time the Rejuv expires.
We hit the enrage timer at 3%, but he died on our first attempt of using this strategy.

Other option that occured to me when i looked at our dps meters after last night is a bit alternative strat: perhaps just tank burrowers near boss so they catch the cleave effects, but have only our weakest dpsers switch fully to them. They will die a bit slower, but will eventually die, and we can still keep the biggest dps burst on boss himself. No idea if that would be enough to keep OTs from dieing though...

Third option: perhaps do same basic strat, but with only ranged switching to burrowers?
Pile
Pile

Back to top Go down

Post  moonshayde_hunter Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:11 am

I like the idea of only having some of the weaker dpsers dps the adds. Potentially at least some damage will be lost by repositioning to focus dps on the adds so if fewer dpsers do it less damage is lost. Also if many dpsers focus on an add some finishers (like hunter kill shot or warrior execute) may simply not be put to full effect because the add dies before the finisher connects (either because of reaction time, gcd, or network latency).

If Anub is close to death when his enrage occurs it may be a good idea to spread the raid as much as possible fast. All ranged dpsers should ofc focus on quickly burning the last health down, pref. while moving. The extra time it will take Anub (a noob?) to reach the raid members will buy some extra time and damage.

moonshayde_hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Alchem Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:24 pm

I think we should just tank the adds next to anub, and use cleave abilities. When the two next adds spawn, we switch and dps down the first adds,(they should be low) after that we switch to anub again, while tanking the two next adds.
When anub burrows we can kill those adds.
It sounds like the easiest taccie imho

Alchem

Back to top Go down

Post  Isolde Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:27 am

From what I can read the 2 adds need to be tanked apart, if each side of boss is far enough I have no clue yet, guess we´ll have to try.
Isolde
Isolde

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down